Do you like lemonade?I sure do. It's so refreshing which is especially nice when it's hot.
The lemon treeOur next-door neighbors have a beautiful and full lemon tree that often hangs over our side of the fence just a little. They gave us the okay to take some when we want. Pretty nice, huh? The most important ingredient in lemonade is growing on a tree right next door? Works for me.
There's nothing like fresh lemonade. Here's an easy recipe using a fresh lemon.
Check out the notes for some fun ideas for variations.
- 2 Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl hot water
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
mix sugar and hot water in glass.
add lemon, water, and ice cubes to the sugar mixture. Stir.
- Replace the hot water + sugar with 1.5 ounces of simple syrup
- Make your own simple syrup by heating the 2 tablespoons of water + 2 tablespoons of sugar and stirring until well blended
- Try other types of sugar such as brown sugar, or raw sugar
- Cut back or add more sugar
You can easily modify this refreshing lemonade by adding:
- Fresh herbs such as mint, or rosemary.
- Fruit. Sliced strawberries or other berries. Thin orange slices. Blood oranges are especially tasty in lemonade. Sliced lime.
- You could pair fruit and an herb. Blackberries and mint.
- Add a little fizz with a splash of sparkling water.
Our favorite adventurers Iris, Michael J. the fox, Hazel, and Midnight the cat recommend having lemonade with cookies and cotton candy. They always seem extra silly after their adventures. Maybe it's all the sugar?
We recommendThe birds recommend these lovely glasses and I kinda dig these for lemonade. #AD
Some questions for youLillian asked me to poll our fabulous readers and had these questions:
- What's your favorite summertime drink?
- Do you prefer hot or cold drinks when it's warm out?